Archive for September 30th, 2011
Could Apple and Samsung’s Australian patent battle be nearing an end? We’re not sure yet, but things are looking slightly rosier, now that Sammy has approached its rival with a proposed compromise. As theWall Street Journal reports, Samsung offered Apple a deal today that would allow its Galaxy Tab 10.1 to hit the Australian market as early as next week. Justice Annabelle Bennett pointed out that the agreement wouldn’t allow Samsung to receive a final ruling on the dispute, but attorney David Catterns explained that it would at least allow the manufacturer to sell its slate ahead of this year’s holiday shopping rush. Less clear, however, is what Apple would stand to gain from any compromise. The company’s lawyer, Stephen Burley, acknowledged that “[Samsung's] inconvenience would be diminished and we would be comforted” by an agreement, though the details behind Samsung’s offer remain unclear, and Burley declined to elaborate upon Apple’s stance after today’s hearing. As always, we’ll keep you up to date with the latest.
It’s a cool way to get the Windows 8 experience on your Windows Vista or Windows 7 pc without modifying any of your files…
Some of the features include:
- Instantly dress up Windows 7 to upcoming Windows 8 in one minute
- Easily configurable in single click with intelligence Metro UI design
- UxStyle memory patching
- Windows 8 Aero, Aero Lite or Metro theme
- Instant Developer Preview, M3 and Metro wallpaper/logon screen customization
- Start Orb rebuilt from original resources with hover/pressed effects
- UserTile with current user auto-configured on login
- Metro UI desktop emulation with pre-configured gadgets
- Aero’s auto-colorization feature
This comes from the user ~windowsx at DeviantArt.
You can download it here.